Planning your event
There are a large range of events which may or may not require permissions and agreements from The City of Edinburgh Council. Whether large or small, indoor or outdoor, small community galas or major international sporting events to established annual winter festivals Edinburgh's Christmas and Edinburgh's Hogmanay, there are officers within the Council who can provide advice and practical assistance to event organisers who are organising an event for the first time as well as experienced event professionals who are new to the City.
- Edinburgh Inspiring Brand
- Events Unit - corporate events unit
- Marches and Parades - statutory requirements for holding events in the city
- Public Safety - Advisory service, plus coordinator of Event Planning and Operations Group (EPOG) meetings
- Licensing - liquor licensing to licensing enforcement
- Parks & Greenspace - information on booking an event in the city's parks.
(Please note that enquiries regarding Holyrood Park should be directed to Historic Scotland and those regarding St Andrew Square to Essential Edinburgh).
- Roads - information/permissions to hold an event on public footway/highway
- Sports - information/permissions for sporting events in the city
- Ross Bandstand - permissions/booking form
- Children Families - sports and arts events for children
- Waste Services - toilet provision/rubbish collection
- Communications Service - media and marketing advice
For details of the services provided by these Departments along with downloadable forms and links please click on the relevant section