Edinburgh International Magic Festival
- Venue: Various
- Date: 30 Jun '17 - 08 Jul '17
- Price: See website for details
- Venue Address: Edinburgh
Building upon the success of last year, MagicFest has announced their biggest festival to date for their 8th year programme, inviting Edinburgh and magic fans from afar to ‘let their imagination fly’ 30th June – 8th July.
MagicFest is celebrating the Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology 2017 by partnering with Scottish Historic Buildings Trust, Edinburgh Museums & Galleries and Edinburgh World Heritage to expand their sell-out show ‘The Secret Room’ from four to twenty shows, bringing three of Edinburgh’s unique historical venues and their untold mysteries and dark pasts to life with captivating magic tours.
Another new event for this year includes the UK debut of ‘From the Dark’, a show originally designed for the blind, which invites sighted and non-sighted audiences to experience the world’s only illusion show performed in complete darkness.
Highlights of this year’s programme include:
- MagicFair at Summerhall returns after sell-out launch last year with family events and late night sessions
- New ‘From the Dark’ show invites the audience to experience illusions while blindfolded in complete darkness – a show originally developed for the visually impaired
- After four sell-out years ‘The Secret Room’ expands to Riddle’s Court, The Writers’ Museum and Lauriston Castle, bringing their untold mysteries and dark pasts to life through the wonder of magic
- A ‘Levitations’ themed Gala Show brings MagicFest 2017 to a grand finale at Festival Theatre with international acts and gravity defying performances
- Solo shows from Morgan & West, R Paul Wilson, David Stone, Dave Alnwick and Luke Eaton